Expectation of Dancers
Children who attend regularly and respect their peers will learn valuable life lessons along with advancing in their dancing ability. It is important to all teachers, that the studio creates a fun atmosphere where the student feels safe.
Please be respectful to items that aren’t your own as well as cleaning up your area after dance lessons. Please keep street shoes off the dance floor.
Parents are allowed to bring their child(ren) into the studio before their lesson but are asked to leave until class is over. This allows the lesson to be as productive as possible and limits distractions. Parents can observe class the first full week in October, December, February, and April. See Calendar for exact dates.
Wearing proper attire and shoes for dance class is important. Being able to see body alignment makes it easier for the dance instructor to make corrections. For any class, females should have their hair pulled off their face and wear minimal jewelry. For any class, males are expected to wear dance pants or shorts with a t-shirt and correct dance shoes. Girls Requirements are listed below.
- Ballet: any color leotard, tights, pink leather or canvas ballet shoes, ballet skirt or tight leggings are optional
- Pointe: any color leotard, tights, or ballet skirt. Pointe shoes have to be fitted by the pointe shoe specialist (Mark from Mark’s Dancewear).
- Jazz & Hip-Hop: any color leotard, tank-top, dance pants, tan jazz shoe or hip-hop shoe (no Tennis shoes)
- Tap: any color leotard, dance pants or shorts, tan tap shoes (Tap 4 will need tan High Heeled Tap Shoes)
- Modern: any color leotard, dance pants or shorts, barefoot, half-socks or dance paws
If the Oelwein Community School District cancels school or dismisses early due to weather, classes scheduled for that night will be cancelled. The first two classes missed due to weather will NOT be made up. The third class and any after that cancelled due to weather will be made-up at the discretion of the instructor.
Absence and Make-Up Lessons
If a student misses class it is their responsibility to make-up the lesson. They are able to attend other classes to make-up their missed lesson but it must be approved by the instructor. They can’t make-up classes during the months of April and May.
A $10 registration fee per account will be billed to you.
(Payment for lessons will be taken in cash, check or credit card)
- Option one is to pay the annual amount of tuition plus sales tax at registration and receive a 10% discount off tuition. The 10% discount will be revoked if not paid in full by October 10, 2018.
- Option two is to pay monthly. The monthly amount will be calculated at registration. Monthly payments will be due by the 10th of every month. There are 9 payments starting September and ending in May. A $10 late fee will be applied to all late payments. *If there is an outstanding balance by recital, May 24th, 2019, your child will not be able to perform.
Recital and Costume Payment
Recital will be held at the Williams Center on May 24 & 25, 2018. Times of Recitals will be announced at a later time. Please know that there is a costume fee for each class. The cost of each costume will range somewhere between $60 and $75 for each class. A costume bill will be sent the first of December. This cost will include costume, accessories (if needed), and tights. It doesn’t cover alterations.